Raspbian Buster- encrypting root file on SD can't start to run, Pi 3+

I can’t start the 2 run with “curl -G https://s3.amazonaws.com/zk-sw-repo/mk_encr_sd_rfs.sh | sudo bash -s – -x /dev/sda -m 7” on a Raspbery PI 3+ (Buster) full updated

log when I trying run script “mk_encr_sd_rfs.sh” again:

Stopping zkifc…done.
grep: /mnt/tmpboot/config.txt: Ingen sådan fil eller filkatalog
Distro tarball not found on tmp root fs. Installing crypto installer on /dev/sda.
Installing necessary packages…
done.
Formatting USB mass media on /dev/sda…

Making a tarball of original root file system image…done.
Creating installer partition on /dev/sda1…External device PARTUUID = xxxxxxx-xx
External device UUID = xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx
sed: -e udtryk nr. 1, tegn 4: ekstra tegn efter kommando
done.
root file sys conversion phase 1 complete.
Rebooting to installer partition to start phase 2…

It looks like the script possibly had trouble mounting the boot partition to /mnt/tmpboot. I have a couple of questions:

• Can you execute “lsblk” so I can verify the partitions?
  • Can you confirm you substituted the xxxx’s in the logged output or did the script actually return xxxx’s?
  • The grep and sed output look like failures because they couldn’t find /mnt/tmpboot/config.txt and /mnt/tmpboot/cmdline.txt. Does that look correct from those error messages? (I’m relying on google to translate dutch to english). Can you send the contents of cmdline.txt: “cat /boot/cmdline.txt”?

One other thing I should mention is that it is important that you have a good power source for your Pi. The power supply should be able to provide 2.5 to 3 Amps. If you have a poor power source, you can have indeterminate problems when you start to add USB devices that require more power.

Bob

NAME MAJ:MIN RM SIZE RO TYPE MOUNTPOINT
sda 8:0 1 14,6G 0 disk
sda1 8:1 1 14,6G 0 part /mnt/tmproot
mmcblk0 179:0 0 14,4G 0 disk
mmcblk0p1 179:1 0 1,6G 0 part /mnt/tmpboot
mmcblk0p2 179:2 0 1K 0 part
mmcblk0p5 179:5 0 32M 0 part
mmcblk0p6 179:6 0 256M 0 part /boot
mmcblk0p7 179:7 0 12,6G 0 part /

1. Yes I substituted the xxxx’s so not to publish GUID.

3.If I copy config.txt and cmdline.txt from /boot and run the script again it gives this in /mnt/tmpboot/cmdline.txt:

console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles root=PARTUUID=02ada92d-01

Here is orginal cmdline.txt:
console=serial0,115200 console=tty1 root=/dev/mmcblk0p7 rootfstype=ext4 elevator=deadline fsck.repair=yes rootwait quiet splash plymouth.ignore-serial-consoles

And If I reboot with then It hangs with a rainbow screen and boots no further.

I using a 5.1 V 2.5 A powersupply.

Thank you for sending back the information. From the output of the lsblk, it looks like you are using NOOBS.

Although NOOBS is great for loading multiple Operating Systems and early experimentation, it adds additional levels of complexity when getting to the stage of encrypting partitions. Our practical experience indicates that from early development through deployment, almost all customers choose an OS and complete their projects without NOOBS. Because of this we don’t directly support NOOBS and our recommendation would be to start with the buster image directly.

Bob

Thanks…

That did the trick, with at standalone Raspbian Buster imagefile.