Perimeter Breach, Taps, and Notifications

Hello!

I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out how to receive notifications regarding perimeter breaches and taps. I’m working on a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ and coding in Python, my Zymkey in Developer mode and bound.

From the FAQ I’ve gleaned that “notifications are issued through Zymbit cloud services” and supposedly further details can be found in the API manual. Diving into the API docs all I came up with was that "Currently tap can only be detected via the Zymbit cloud.” And then I stumbled upon the data sheet which touts “Autonomous security for unattended IoT devices, no cloud dependence”. I’m a little confused as to how there’s no cloud dependence but notifications and taps are only available via the cloud.

I also read in the FAQ that “After ZYMKEY is properly installed and provisioned, it will detect the following types of events: system shutdown and startup, certain critical system errors (such as disk errors), device acceleration (using the built-in accelerometer), USB device insertion and removal, ZYMKEY removal, other system changes” but I don’t see (most of) those things exposed via the API. I would assume these are handled “internally” and are not for developer consumption yet this was in response to the FAQ regarding notifications so I’m confused as to whether I have access to all of those events or not (besides obviously device acceleration a.k.a. taps)…

Can someone explain how I’d be able to receive notifications of either taps or a perimeter breach?

@JRoseman:
It looks like we have some legacy FAQ that are causing the confusion - apologies, we will get them cleaned up today.

Zymkey product versions 2,3,4 do NOT use any cloud services from Zymbit. They are totally free standing, with all interactions happening through the API running on the PI. For your Python application check out: Zymbit Python API>

For perimeter detect events check out:
set_perimeter_event_actions()
get_perimeter_detect_info()
wait_for_perimeter_event()
clear_perimeter_detect_info()

For accellerometer detect events check out:
set_tap_sensitivity()
get_accelerometer_data()
wait_for_tap()

Ah thanks. I’ve already been using these but was wondering if the Zymkey sent out its own notifications. From your response above I now know the answer is ‘no’.