Raspian bookworm

Hello,

Is it possible to send a message on a dedicated thread when support for raspian bookworm is released?

Many thanks,
Sam

@tennisparty We will make the announcement prominently on docs.zymbit.com and can pin a message in the Community banner.

1 Like

Hi bob,

Sorry to chase, when do you think this is likely to be released? I’m just trying to plan a project and not sure whether to stick with bullseye or move to bookworm,

Thanks,
Sam

@tennisparty - We are targeting end of January for bookworm support.

@tennisparty - We had a window this week to add bookworm (64 bit) support. We also added Pi5 support. All works straight from the standard install and encryption scripts. I’ll post a more prominent announcement early next week. Give it a try!

Thanks so much Bob,

That seems to work for me, the Zymkey is flashing slowly after the install script initiates a reboot. Bookworm has moved python installs to venvs, on that note where is the python install with the ‘zymkey’ module installed?
I ask because it would be useful for me to run the example script zk_app_utils_test.py after the initial install (and after I have changed the GPIO wake pin) so that I can verify everything is working before starting encryption,

Many thanks,
Sam

The Zymkey module comes in with the zku pypi package. You should be able to run the script directly.

python3 zk_app_utils_test.py

Or try this: python3 -c "import zymkey; print(zymkey.client.get_model_number())" It should return Zymkey4.

Hi Bob,

I was having an issue with dpkg on the initial install, I’m not sure if this was Zymkey related or from something else. This was also stopping standard raspian updates. I fixed it using the advice here - dpkg interrupted, after running sudo dpkg -r -a the install then ran correctly and everything is working.

Everything is working, thanks for sorting this so speedily. I am getting some error warnings about gpg keys but they aren’t causing any issues - W: https://zk-sw-repo.s3.amazonaws.com/apt-repo-bookworm-aarch64/dists/bookworm/InRelease: Key is stored in legacy trusted.gpg keyring (/etc/apt/trusted.gpg), see the DEPRECATION section in apt-key(8) for details.

Thanks,
Sam

Yes, I’ve noted the gpg warning. Glad it’s working for you.

I^m trying to encrypt the SD-CARD on my Raspberry 4B running Bookworm. Does the script support this OS right now ? any outlook on the supportability ?
Thanks

Yes, support for Bookworm(64 bit) includes SD-Card encryption in the standard mk_encr_sd_rfs.sh script.