PROTOKIT 3 for Pi Developers
Waterproof enclosure and integrated protoboard for Pi.
This kit is designed to be self-assembled. If you require pre-assembled kits please contact Zymbit directly.
- IP67 enclosure, dustproof, waterproof,
- Cable gland.
- Integrated protoboard.
- Works with RPi A+, B+, 2, 3, Zero and most other flavors of Pi
- Access to all RPi header signals.
- User assembled connectors.
- Screw terminals for easy connection to external devices.
- Multiple mounting options.
IP67 Enclosure Ratings
The enclosure is rated for the following ingress protection.
IP6x Solid particle protection
- Dust Tight - complete protection against contact (dust tight). A vacuum must be applied. Test duration of up to 8 hours based on air flow.
IPx7 Liquid ingress protection
- Immersion, up to 1 m depth. Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).
For further details on IP ratings refer to wiki/IP_Code.
Cable Gland Fitting
If your kit did not come with a pre-fitted gland then follow these instructions to fit a ½" 14 NPT threaded gland.
- Drill a ¾ inch diameter hole in the desired location.
- Tap with a ½ inch - 14NPT for tight seal.
- Screw the gland directly into the case, seeling with a washer or suitable glue.
(Note there is no room for a backnut)
* Zymbit offers factory fitting for quantities > 50 units.
The board has been designed to provide easy access to all signals on the Raspberry Pi GPIO header. Power and serial buses are also brocken out to simplify wiring. A full schematic is available at the end of this section.
1 - Raspberry Pi header breakout
2 - Screw terminations to 5 pin pads
3,4 - Serial buses, I2C and SPI
5 - Power buses, 5V and 3V3
6 - Zymkey 2i security module. (NOT compatible with Zymkey 3i)
7 - Pads for PiHAT ID EEPROM
Pads only. No ID chip fitted.
8 - Cable ties and board mounting screws
Schematic of Protoboard
- Solder in connectors as required. The supplied GPIO header may require trimming (underside of PCB) depending upon the height configuration you select.
Solder in any hardwiring as required.
Fit cable gland if not already fitted.
Pass external wires through cable gland and screw into terminals.
Fix wires to PCB with zip ties.
Fit the Raspberry Pi to the GPIO Header.
This enclosure can be mounted directly to a wall or flat surface using two self tapping screws.
This enclosure can be easily mounted to a pole using a pole mounting brackets available from the Zymbit store.
Pole mounting brackets are availlable from the zymbit store.
Its easy to add a professional look to your project with laser printable labels:
Industrial, waterproof, UV resistant, laser printable labels are available from Avery® Product #60502.
Download a pre-configured Zymbit artwork template here. (SVG file)