Using GPIO Alternate Functions

Hello,

I am using the current generation “Raspberry Pi 4 Model B” [1] with a TFT Monitor [2] which occupies GPIO pins 1 to 26. Is it possible to use the zymkey with the remaining GPIO pins 27 to 40?

I read about the possibility of using GPIO alternate functions:
“As well as being able to be used as straightforward software controlled input and output (with programmable pulls), GPIO pins can be switched (multiplexed) into various other modes backed by dedicated peripheral blocks such as I2C, UART and SPI.
In addition to the standard peripheral options found on legacy Pis, extra I2C, UART and SPI peripherals
have been added to the BCM2711 chip and are available as further mux options on the Pi4.” [1, Section 5.1.1]

Is there any material on the internet which explains how to accomplish a setup with alternate GPIO functions and the Zymkey 4i?

Best Regards,
Martin

References:
[1] https://www.raspberrypi.org/documentation/hardware/raspberrypi/bcm2711/rpi_DATA_2711_1p0_preliminary.pdf
[2] kuman 3.5 Inch Touch Screen TFT Monitor LCD Dsiplay with Protective Case 320x480 Resolution TFT LCD Display for Raspberry Pi 3B+,3B,2B,Bildschirm SC107: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör

@MartinLoeper Check out this post >