PROTOKIT 4 for Pi Developers
Waterproof, Integrated Protoboard, Zymbit Security Module ready
This kit is designed to be self-assembled. If you require pre-assembled kits please contact Zymbit.
- IP67 enclosure, dustproof, waterproof,
- Integrated protoboard.
- Slot for optional Hardware Security Module for Zymkey 4i
- Works with RPi A+, B+, 2, 3, Zero and most other flavors of Pi
- Access to all RPi header signals.
- Screw terminals for easy connection to external devices.
- User assembled connectors.
- Wall and Pole mounting options
- Cable gland - user fitted
Assembling Your Kit
The protoboard has been designed to provide easy access to all signals on the Raspberry Pi GPIO header. Power and serial buses are also broken out to simplify wiring. A full schematic is available at the end of this section.
1 - Bare Board
2 - Add Connectors
Solder in connectors as required. The supplied GPIO header may require trimming (underside of PCB) depending upon the height configuration you select.
- Screw terminals
- Pi GPIO Header
- Security Module Header (Optional)
3 - Add Security Module (Optional)
If you are using a Zymkey 4i Security Module, this is where it goes.
4 - Add Raspberry Pi
5- Place into Enclosure
6- Add Wires that Connect Externally
7- Add Enclosure Lid
Be sure to add the black seal that was provided with your kit.
Schematic of Protoboard
Raspberry Pi GPIO
Zymbit Security Module 4
Zymbit security modules provide device authentication, encryption engine, secure key store and more. Learn more.
Connectors ST1, ST2
P1 - P5 bussed to Screw Terminal ST1
P1A - P2A bussed to Screw Terminal ST2
Power Rails 5V, 3V3
Mounting Holes to Enclosure
Integrating Zymkey 4i perimeter detect circuits into ProtoKit >
[Learn more >](http://Perimeter Detect - Application Examples)
IP67 Enclosure Ratings
The enclosure is rated for the following ingress protection.
IP6x Solid particle protection
- Dust Tight - complete protection against contact (dust tight). A vacuum must be applied. Test duration of up to 8 hours based on air flow.
IPx7 Liquid ingress protection
- Immersion, up to 1 m depth. Ingress of water in harmful quantity shall not be possible when the enclosure is immersed in water under defined conditions of pressure and time (up to 1 m of submersion).
For further details on IP ratings refer to wiki/IP_Code.
Cable Gland Fitting
If your kit did not come with a pre-fitted gland then follow these instructions to fit a ½" 14 NPT threaded gland.
- Drill a ¾ inch diameter hole in the desired location.
- Tap with a ½ inch - 14NPT for tight seal.
- Screw the gland directly into the case, seeling with a washer or suitable glue.
(Note there is no room for a backnut)
* Zymbit offers factory fitting for quantities > 50 units.
This enclosure can be mounted directly to a wall or flat surface using two self tapping screws.
This enclosure can be easily mounted to a pole using a pole mounting brackets available from the Zymbit store.
Its easy to add a professional look to your project with laser printable labels:
Industrial, waterproof, UV resistant, laser printable labels are available from Avery® Product #60502.
Download a pre-configured Zymbit artwork template here. (SVG file)